Pages

Monday, September 05, 2011

End of Summer

I know I just wrote a post about this a few weeks ago but tomorrow it is official.

Maybe I am a freak of nature but I am sad that summer is over. I am sad my kids are going back to school.

My kids are great kids. I enjoy being home with them. They really are good kids. It has been so nice to have no where to be. At a certain time. Or a certain date. No alarm clock. No running around in the morning to get to the bus. Lunch whenever we want it. Not at a certain time. Pool. Playground. Bikes. Whatever. We did it. Whenever. Time just goes so fast. Where did my babies go?? I have a 6th grader! A 6th grader! a middle schooler. How did that happen?? Where did my little baby boy go?? And a full time kindergarten girl! Where did THAT baby girl go?? She is now missing some teeth and riding a bike and reading.

 Lucky for me, I still have my bonus baby at home. But in just 3 short years, she will be leaving me.

I am so glad I started later in life and had my babies later. I have so much more time with them and can appreciate them more than I would have in my 20s. Being in your 40s with a baby really is a blessing. She keeps me young. And happy.

But I will still miss her brother and sister.

Only 9 months until Summer 2012.

1 comments:

Louise said...

I, too, mourn the passing of summer...no place to be...no running hither, thither and yon...sleeping late if you feel like it. And, Cathy, cherish 6th grade....David started college last week, Kate is a Junior in high school...my 6 yr old granddaughter is in first grade and her brother graduates 8th this year.....sigh...I'm getting old :(